It’s hard to think about, but thousands of children wake up on Christmas morning wondering why Santa has forgotten them. This is a reality that The Salvation Army can’t accept and is devoted to changing by going to great lengths to ensure that these children will find a special present to unwrap underneath their Christmas tree. All year, we work hard to establish relationships and partnerships with companies and community groups to organize toy drives so that we can achieve a shared goal to make the Holidays brighter for underprivileged children in the Metro New York area.
The Angel Tree Program matches donors with children from qualified families and provides you with a tag that symbolizes a child in one of our programs. Each tag represents the wishes and desires of a real child or youth. For many donors, the personal connection to a child in their community has become a special tradition. For participating companies and groups, the sponsorship program is a wonderful opportunity for employees to give back to their community through a fun and heartwarming tradition.
How does it work?
- Determine how many children you wish to adopt and we will mail you the tags.
- Display your tags on a tree, bulletin board or anywhere you would like; or, simply distribute the tags to willing participants
- Collect unwrapped gifts from participants (with tags attached, please.)
- You could store donations in your lobby, creating a veritable wall of goodies and a visual reminder of your company’s giving culture.
- Email Jennifer Groff to learn more!